At Attio, we’re building the CRM of the future…
CRMs are at the center of the software stack for millions of businesses. They’re ubiquitous and totally essential, yet current products are completely archaic, unloved, and in massive need of an overhaul.
This is software that millions of people use for hours and hours a day and you probably can’t think of a single awesome piece of software in this space.
Attio’s singular focus is to revolutionize one of the world’s most important and entrenched software categories: CRM.
We’ll need the world’s best engineers to solve some of the toughest engineering problems; we’ll need visionary designers to create the best experiences, and we’ll need creative marketers and ambitious salespeople to tell our story and bring our product to market.
Why is this role important?
As a Web Engineer at Attio you will take ownership for all web-related tasks including developing Attio.com and helping with a wide range of growth-related initiatives.
We are particularly interested in hearing from:
- Engineers with experience in growing customers for a product through the .com experience
- Engineers with excellent UI and product sense
Whose team will you join?
You will join our Activation Team within engineering and focus on activating customers through Attio.com. We have four other product teams in engineering.
Internally, we work around two fundamental principles: Curiosity and Ownership. These values transcend the way we work and how our teams are structured.
We embrace Curiosity with a culture of open discussion and open access – making everything from financial metrics and customer conversation through to code and tooling open to every member of the team. Everyone on the team is welcome to question any aspect of the business and build greater understanding and input.
Through Ownership teams are responsible not just for the technical aspects of their work but also their own product and roadmap decisions. Everything from technical debt decisions through to feature planning is carried out at the team level.
In a culture without PM’s or tight deadlines, we are able to think from first principles and support each other across projects.
What is it like to work at Attio?
Attio employees are currently based in the UK, Europe and the US.
We are all trusted to produce high quality work in the remote-first environment that works best for us. Kindness is evident in how we work and there is a high level of respect across the team thanks to working hard. This allows us all to challenge ideas, be independent and attract world class talent to join us.
A job at Attio is for someone who can own their role and the learning required, train themselves, create a network of support and deliver consistently brilliant outcomes that push the company forward. People who are passionate and happy about working this way should apply.
What are the role requirements?
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Contribute across the stack to help move the company and product forward
- Build the frontend architecture for Attio.com enabling pixel-perfect implementation alongside Attio’s design team
- Implement beautiful & performant designs across devices using React, Typescript, CSS
- Consider SEO, accessibility, marketing, and customers on the Activation Team roadmap
- Collaborate through excellent written communication, supporting a growing team
We believe the right person will have the following attributes:
- Curious: Are they inherently curious about SaaS, websites, sales, marketing, design?
- Thoughtful: Patiently understands the problem, thinking, challenges and customers
- Fearless: Pushes innovation and ideas through to fruition
- Resourceful: Powers through smaller tasks and delivers roadmap
What does the hiring process look like?
We respond to applicants before the end of each week and within 24 hours of each interview, we will request and share feedback at every stage.
Applicants can expect the following:
- Introductory phone call ~ 30 minutes
- Interview ~ 45 minutes
- Exercise ~ Take home + 60 minutes discussion
- Offer stage
A lot of our interviews are enabled through self-scheduling but we are always on hand to speak to you or answer questions throughout the process. At the offer stage, you may want to speak to more of the team, see a demo or have other suggestions for us.
Everyone who completes at least one of the above stages will be asked to provide feedback on the overall process and offered some help on their career if it’s not joining Attio at this time.
What will an offer consist of?
- A competitive salary of between £50,000 – £75,000 or equivalent €/$
- Equity in an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory
- Remote working and flexibility
- Apple hardware and a budget for desk amenities
- 25 days plus local holidays
- Regular team events in London
- Team off-site in fun places! (We’ve been to Lisbon and Malta so far)
- Enhanced parental leave