About The Mawari Network
At Mawari we believe the next iteration of the internet will be delivered to XR devices. It represents a fundamental and pivotal change on how we work, socialize and learn today. To power the next generation of the internet and drive mainstream adoption, we need to meet or surpass the scale and quality of service we have in today’s internet. In order to achieve this, a new infrastructure and technology stack needs to be built and integrated. To make this a reality we are building The Mawari Network. We also believe this new infrastructure should be a public good.
What we are building
The Mawari Network is a decentralized 3D & XR content delivery platform that breaks the bottlenecks of infrastructure supply for real-time rendering, and the lack of local compute power on XR Devices. We do this by orchestrating a decentralized network of GPU-powered nodes that run the Mawari Engine, a proprietary technology stack that allows to render interactive 3D content and stream it efficiently in real-time to mobile XR devices at scale. We believe Web3 principles in conjunction with our core technology will accelerate the scalability of the Mawari Network.
Why work with us
Mawari is a pioneer in Cloud Rendering and Streaming technologies. Our core technology has been validated in the market through repeated success in the XR industry with over 40+ deployments to date worldwide. We have strong world-class partnerships with the most influential companies in the XR/Metaverse industry. Mawari’s founding team is visionary, seasoned, and balanced. We have kept the company self-funded and post-revenue since 2017. Mawari has recently completed a successful funding round from world-class investors for the expansion of its core technology team. Come join us to make a difference by building a public good and defining the future of the internet.
About The Role
Mawari is seeking a Unity C# SDK Developer to help build Mawari’s Decentralized Network for streaming cloud rendered interactive content and delivering it to XR devices.
You will work hand-in-hand with our Lead Engineer in defining and creating components that support seamless delivery of 3D content into experiences on mobile end-user devices.
- Develop and support robust cloud-server streaming and delivery to Mawari’s p2p Unity streaming app.
- Integrate and support the Mawari Streaming SDK.
- Optimize existing code to continuously push the limits to optimize performance, testability and maintainability.
- Engage in design discussions and code reviews, bringing insights and sharing learning with team members..
- Minimum 3 years of experience and strong, proven skills in Unity 3D and C#.
- Demonstrated P2P connection knowledge.
- Experience with WebRTC or similar technologies.
- Solid understanding of the Unity scene rendering process.
- Understanding of rendering engine development and plug-in design.
- Skillful in writing quality code.
- Past experience in SDK development and evolution.
- A keen desire to collaborate with others and to share knowledge.
- Experience with git or similar version control system.
Good to have skills:
- Knowledge about how popular 3d data compression and video codecs and understanding concepts of them.
- Implemented projects using Unity Render Streaming or similar technologies.
- Experience with client-server architectures.
Education and Experience
We are most interested in what you have accomplished and your demonstrated ability to succeed in this role. You may have some or all of the following:
- A degree in engineering or computer science.
- 3 or more years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience working with local and remote teams, including experience working internationally.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, stock option plan, extended health benefits (Medical, dental, prescription and more) and a wellness program.
Perks and Work-Life Balance
We’re establishing our office at the Waterloo Accelerator Centre – a modern and vibrant facility adjacent to the University of Waterloo campus. It’s conveniently located on the Ion electric light rail system running North-South here in Waterloo Region. The Waterloo Accelerator is a modern work environment with plenty of natural light, open space and flexible meeting areas as well as free coffee/tea/beverages. We offer Flex-time work schedules, and vacation time.
- We will consider a fully remote position in some instances.
- Contract or full-time employment may also be considered.
- This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic team of successful serial entrepreneurs, software developers, researchers, and graphics engineers, and an extraordinary opportunity to build technologies that will enable the next iteration of the internet for billions of people.
Mawari Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building and supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We hire the best talent regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. We are building a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that this benefits our employees, our customers, our products, and our community.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require special accommodation to complete any portion of the application or interview process, please contact us.