This is a remote contract position for those based in Brazil.
If you’re an experienced hands on technical leader, love using and creating open-source software, and would enjoy working on a variety of interesting projects surrounded by inspiring NearFormers on the cutting edge of new technologies, then keep reading!
We’re looking for someone with extensive experience leading technology teams (Software Dev, DevOps/Cloud) who is still hands-on, to lead the collaboration of the team to deliver the best quality output for our clients within specific timeframes.
At NearForm we modernise enterprises with open, creative software, evolving businesses for the modern world. Our teams of experts are helping our clients build cloud-native solutions using industry-leading design, technology and modern practices for software development.
Being a global company with a remote workforce allows us to hire without borders. We only hire the best of the best, we continuously learn and improve and our distributed workforce means we service clients across the globe.
You will work in high performing software teams who are distributed across different locations and at times when you will work in teams alongside the clients development teams. Our Leads are outcome driven, and deliver the best quality output for our clients within specific timeframes.
As part of this you will:
- Provide technical leadership to your development team
- Identify and resolve blockers before they become issues
- Work directly with clients, translating requirements into technical briefs
- Shape and define architectural decisions
This is a hands on role, so you need to have a background in development that may include some of the following:
- React Native development
- DevOps, including Architecture to Infrastructure development, CI and Tooling
- Cloud architecture, administration and Systems Integration
- Experience working directly with customers and users
- Experience developing high quality software
- Deep understanding of agile ways of working
- Deep understanding of test-driven development and testing best practices
- Deep understanding of best practices and design patterns
- Deep understanding of open source technologies and tools
- Deep understanding of version control tools, GIT in particular
- Understanding of cloud technologies
- Understanding of operational concerns (such as monitoring, performance testing, security considerations, accessibility, GDPR)
- Understanding of modern DevOps
- Drive to deliver outcomes for our customers
- Empathy and people skills
- Work remotely; we have a genuine dedication to work/life balance.
- Work flexibly; we appreciate there are more important things in life than work so our flexible working culture allows you to work around what matters – school run, no problem!
- The Wellness Hub: We have a genuine commitment to fostering/improving NearFormers’ wellbeing; we offer resources and support, including a NearForm advice line which offers confidential support for anything from relationship issues to staying healthy.
Please get in touch to discuss remuneration.
Although we are widely dispersed, NearFormers are a tightly-knit team. We trust one another and care about our colleagues. We all get together in person at our annual company retreat, of course when we’re not faced with a global pandemic! Building on our open-source origins, we promote the sharing of thoughts, knowledge and ideas.
NearForm is committed to shaping a better world in all that we do. Our global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.