We are SICCAR, and we’re building a product to better connect and protect businesses and society. SICCAR is a blockchain-based enterprise data sharing platform that gives organisations full control over how data is shared and used across their business ecosystem. Our transformative technology is being applied to enable trust, resilience and security in high impact problems, sustainability, government and business.
The platform is a .Net Microservices-based decentralised shared data protection system, based on our refined Blockchain solution which has been derived from Bitcoin cryptography and concepts. Through the use of our SDKs, the platform is easily used by our partners and solution providers – to build scenario-specific applications for interaction and sharing of data across multiple organisations in a controlled, verifiable, and provable manner.
We’re a team of innovative people of purpose, who want to change the world and have fun doing it – now seeking software professionals to join our small engineering team as we innovate and refine our platform to deliver on an exciting future roadmap. We use Azure DevOps to execute and build on our development programme in an Agile-based Sprint methodology.
You will bring experience and expertise that will complement our current tech stack. Have a problem solving, can do, attitude and you’re not afraid to speak your mind. You will take stories where you can apply your expertise in areas from enhancing underlying platform engineering, through to developing innovative technology features and customer specific deliverables. You will be learning and working with experts in exciting, decentralised data technologies and cryptography.
Currently we are looking for Mid and Senior Software Engineers through to Autumn 22. Position and salary are based on experience. Come talk to us!
What we provide
• ‘Work from anywhere’ (as long as you can make morning stand-up) with regular get-togethers in our Edinburgh HQ
• A Flexible working policy where compressed hours and part time working is considered
• A competitive salary that reflects your experience and merit
• A discretionary equity-based incentive plan
• Employer Pension contributions
• An employee referral program
• Cyclescheme, Techscheme
• Employee benefits package
• Professional development and training
• Mid to Senior level roles, with salary reflecting your experience, talent and enthusiasm!
We are looking for people of purpose, with a can-do attitude, that can join in and thrive in a team with a sense of fun. You should be a clear written and spoken communicator with min 3 years C# .Net recent experience.
For the senior roles, it’s useful to have built a broader view of successful software development teams in small and startup environments. Given the nature of our platform, exposure to interacting with identity in development, a computing science or numerate engineering/science background, or some cybersecurity experience are also desirable.
Finally we’re keen to hear from people who can demonstrate experience in some of the following based on our current solution stack:
- Microservices – using Distributed Application Runtime (DAPR), hosted on Linux Docker images
- Data and API – JSON, JSON Schema, REST, OData, Graph, gRPC
- Secure programming – data protection, use of HSM and OpenSource cryptography, such as Lib Sodium
- Identity – .Net Claims based Identity OIDC / JWT and Identity Server / AD B2C / etc
- Cloud infrastructure –
- Storage: MongoDB, SQL, Redis
- Compute: Docker, Kubernetes (kubectl), Container Registries
- Network: Load balancers, Nginx Proxy, IP Routing, P2P Mesh
- SDK/Tooling – HTML/CSS/JS Web Assembly, Razor/Blazor other JS Frameworks
- Testing and performance – XUnit, Postman
Location: Edinburgh office, but open to remote working from anywhere in the UK
Please note, you must have the right to work in the UK as we are unable to offer visa sponsorship.