The world’s largest organizations rely on Evident to help them protect their business and brand from third-party risk. Our game-changing technology – which enables the safe and private exchange of proof of insurance, identity, business, and other personal data – helps our customers collect and analyze both individual and business credentials so they can make fast and informed decisions about engaging new third-party partners, prospective employees, franchisees, and more, without compromising their privacy.
In today’s new remote-first, ever-changing regulatory environment, our secure, privacy-first enterprise platform, accessible via web portal or API, provides a highly scalable and configurable solution to manage communications, storage, decisioning, and ongoing monitoring of individual and business credentials.
Evident is seeking a highly motivated and talented Backend Software Engineer to join our team and help build the components that make our unique solutions. The ideal candidate will be an experienced engineer focused on backend development (Python, Scala, and/or Java) with a background in Computer Science and Math. The Backend Software Engineer’s responsibilities include crafting and developing software for Evident’s Cloud platform.
- Make improvements to our cloud APIs and work on new features in existing code base
- Perform data analysis and propose processing automation solutions using Machine Learning techniques in the areas of Semantic Analysis and Natural Language Processing
- Work with other team members defining new features and extending existing ones
- Implement automated tests
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following languages: Python, Scala, and/or Java. Having professional dev project experience in Python is highly desirable.
- Advanced Math skills (linear algebra, Bayesian statistics, group theory)
- Deep understanding of object oriented and functional paradigms
- Solid background in RESTful Web Services
- Strong grasp of data modeling using relational and non-relational (NoSQL) databases
- Background in Networks and Security (Public Key Infrastructure, SSL, Crypto) is a plus
- Proficiency in Linux and Shell scripting is a plus
- Knowledge of ansible or similar provisioning tool is a plus
• Our team solves a crucial problem with huge business potential together, and we are able to see exactly how our contribution affects customers!
• Remote-First work model meaning most employees can work remotely in the US. We have an office in Atlanta, GA for those who prefer an in-office environment.
• Competitive pay package, including base pay and stock options
• Full medical, dental, vision benefits and 401K
• Unlimited vacation time to relax and recharge
• Paid parental leave to support you and your family
• Annual personal development and technology budget to advance your skills and career
• Weekly stipend for GrubHub home meal delivery, home internet stipend, virtual events, & more!
• Recently named one of Atlanta’s Coolest Companies & 50 on Fire by Atlanta Inno
• Recently named one of the Top 10 Fastest Growing Companies in Atlanta & one of the Best Places to Work in Atlanta by Atlanta Business Chronicle