*** Please note that this position is for our sister company, Modd.
Are you a talented Full Stack Developer with a passion for working on applications with a wide audience where your work is seen by merchants around the world?
As a Full Stack Developer, you will maintain and develop functionality for our products and internal tools, primarily with Ruby on Rails, C++, React, GCP and Shopify. As a senior developer, you will often be responsible for end-to-end project implementation, but will also work closely with our experienced and friendly team.
We are looking for candidates that want to work primarily on east coast hours.
This is a remote position, with the option of using our Montreal office if desired.
Our objective is to ensure we offer as much flexibility as possible to our team members.
What you will work on
- Designing, developing, testing and deploying new and enhanced application functionality.
- Monitoring alerts, performing maintenance tasks, and investigating support escalations.
- Considering security and performance in all technical decisions.
- Recording progress using Jira and creating and updating documentation in Confluence.
- Attending team meetings, and communicating with internal staff via slack, email, and in-person.
- 5+ years of experience as a developer.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- The ability to work on multiple projects.
Bonus Points for…
- Shopify Experience.
- Bachelor of Computer Science/Software Engineering.
- Knowledge of the Perl programming language.
- Leadership and mentorship skills.
- Hobbies and a sense of humor!
Who we are
Modd (formerly eShopAdmin) has been building apps for Shopify merchants since 2013. Deep platform experience, rigorous engineering principles and laser focus on customer needs have been the keys to our continued growth. Our suite of products have helped over 20,000 Shopify merchants in the areas of data management, gifting, search, merchandising and more. We have big plans, and are looking for talented individuals to join our longstanding team to help us grow.
As Modd has continued to grow, our dedication to our company identity and values has grown too. There are a few things that all of us at Modd have in common:
We believe that respect and collaboration are the key ingredients for shaping our success. To help foster collaboration we make a habit of open communication and compassion across all our teams!
We are a group of accountable and creative people who aren’t afraid to do things differently and take ownership of our work.
We’re always striving to create value and bring that little something extra to the table. We are in relentless pursuit of excellence and are proud of the work we do.
If these are values you identify with, we hope you’ll consider joining us!
Our tech stack
IDE of choice
Git w/ Bitbucket
GCP, Kubernetes, MySQL, NGINX,
Jira, Confluence, G Suite, Slack
Bells & whistles
We foster a culture that encourages everyone to be their best selves. From our benefits package to the opportunities we provide for personal growth, we give our employees the chance to evolve in a workplace that’s healthy, supportive, and fun.
- Medical, dental & life insurance!
- Hybrid work model – work from the home or the office at your preference
- Access to Dialogue, a telemedicine application that gives easy access to nurses, physicians, therapists, nutritionists, etc.
- Cellphone and gym allowance
- MacBook Pro / Lenovo Thinkpad for business and personal use
- No dress code, but please wear pants 🙂
Please submit a copy of your CV along with a cover letter highlighting what resonates with you about this position. We are excited about the possibility of meeting you!