Who we are:
We’re a pan-European digital wealth manager with 80,000 active investors (growing fast!) and over £2.4 billion invested on our platform. With 190+ people across 3 offices in Italy and the UK, we’re supported and funded by Poste Italiane, Cabot Square Capital, Allianz and M&G.
We started in 2012 in Milan with a simple vision – to help more people improve their financial well-being by making personal investing straightforward and accessible through technology. Fast forward a few years, and we’re known as one of the most innovative fintechs headquartered in the heart of London.
To provide investment solutions and advice to protect and grow client wealth through time.
Our core values
We’ve built our business on three Principles:
– Relationships are our first asset
We’re one team, built on trust, honesty and transparency. We value our relationships above all else.
– Trust drives success
We give each other the space to grow. We empower our employees to succeed, so they can make a real impact.
– Our customers dream big, just like us
We see the bigger picture and we make sure our customers see it, too. We’re always focused on the best outcomes for our clients and for each other, no matter what the goal, or how big the dream is.
What this means in practice:
At Moneyfarm, diversity is the foundation of our competitive advantage. We value our employees for who they are – their backgrounds, experiences, talents, knowledge and individual differences. This is what makes us better at what we do. To accommodate our different needs and commitments, we offer flexible working to all. Our individual impact and output is what counts most.
Candidates who belong to ‘Categoria protetta’ (Italian Law 68/99) are more than welcome!
About the role:
This role can be based in our offices in Cagliari, Milan, London or completely remotely (open minded about where in Europe you are based. We’re remote friendly!).
Please upload your CV in English.
You’ll research, create or evaluate proofs of concept and introduce new technologies to the team related to one of our mobile apps; You also appreciate other functional areas and their challenges in a product lead team.
You design and implement large size features which bring value while managing the system’s tech debt.
You instil trust and help others identify their potential, support and motivate individuals to realise it. Openly imparting your experiences to better others.
You constructively challenge the team processes and conventional views/current thinking to foster innovation, looking for ways to improve/optimise them.
You’ll make an impact on other teams by being part of our web and mobile chapters
You value simplicity and effectiveness.
- Focussed on the public facing apps.
- Provides our customers a usable, simple and effective journey in terms of UX and UI.
- Collaborates closely with the mobile chapter to ensure consistency between our frontends.
- Advocates and produces a high standard of code quality and sees the value of a testing early culture.
- Drives and encourages the constant evolution of the app while constantly providing a unique and valuable customer experience.
- You have at least 7 years of commercial experience in software engineering, a BSc in Software Engineering or Computer Science or higher degree non essential, but nice to have.
- At least 2 years of experience working with React Native and Typescript in production environment
- Good understanding of the principles of software engineering: modularity, encapsulation, immutability, composition, FP and OOP.
- Deep knowledge of TypeScript, ES6, React, React Native, Redux, Jest, HTTP, REST API.
- Familiar with the OpenAPI specification.
- Know vanilla CSS, responsive design and have experience with modern approaches to styling such as Styled Components and CSS preprocessors such as Stylus and SASS.
- Good understanding of the principles of design, UI and user experience.
- Good understanding of agile methodologies, their principles and their ceremonies.
- Experience with e2e testing frameworks like Detox.
- Experience with CI/CD principlesI.
- Have worked with and debugged HTTP requests using Nginx, HTTP authentication & headers.
- You know the basics of Docker.
- Appreciation or first hand experience of functional languages like Scala.
- Experience working in distributed teams.
- Able to communicate effectively in English (written and spoken), Italian is a nice to have.
- Experience with managing
- Experience with managing Visual Studio App Centre, IOS and Android app stores
- Experience with native apps development (IOS, Android) and distribution
- Knowledge of A/B testing tools and accessibility best practices
- Experience on JAMStack architecture with Gatsby or Next.js
- Experience in website performance optimization (Lighthouse).