Are you looking for a Challenge? Looking for an innovative organization and the opportunity to learn and grow professionally? At Terrestris, LLC, we are helping the government create better mission outcomes through better human performance. Our client is looking for an experienced full-time Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join a growing team. In this role, you’ll build and deploy high-impact features into clients product suite. Specifically, working on streamlining and extending an existing C/C++ solution, converting portions of it to Golang. You’ll play a critical role in designing, building, and delivering the technology stack that:
- Serves as the bridge between their hardware and the rest of the product ecosystem
- Composes the drivers and systems software that allow the core engine of our solution to access necessary data
- Sustains the backend components that capture Operation Technology-based data on the hardware platform
You’ll work cross-functionally with product managers and designers to conceive, implement and ship major features. Our client embraces user-centric design because they firmly believe it ultimately leads to the best products. Engineers are key contributors in shaping this design process and you’ll be a major factor in generating high-impact products that literally save lives.
They are a collaborative, passionate and driven cadre of cyber security experts. Their engineers are multidisciplinary, and the team is dynamic. They are a growing company focused on helping customer’s fleets run smarter and safer by capitalizing on mountains of data resting right about the wheels.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Interpret requirements and design specifications to develop, debug, test and maintain software solutions deployed against a broad array of platforms, environments and cloud solutions
- Facilitate architectural designs that meet business requirements, security and quality standards
- Streamline and extend existing C/C++ based solutions, migrating portions to Golang
- Mentor team members and peers to continually improve
- Actively participate in our agile development processes, including the use of Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies and developments in the software engineering space
We’re looking for someone who is/has:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ Years of experience in software development
- Strong proficiency in at least three (3) of the following:
- Experience leading a team of software engineers and instilling best practices
- Deep understanding of software engineering practices and concepts
- Demonstrated experience with Linux, Make, CMake, autotools, Kconfig , TDD, CI/CD, Docker, Google ProtoBufs, MQTT, Sentry
- Prior experience with CANbus, MIL-STD-1553, SAE J1939, ASCB, ARINC 429 is extra helpful
- US Citizenship
- Active (or ability to hold/obtain) a US Government Top Secret security clearance
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a fast-growing startup
- Employer-paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their families
- Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions
- 401k with employer contributions
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Uncapped paid time off policy
- Flexible work & remote work policy
- Tax-deferred public transit benefits with Metro SmartBenefits (DC/MD/VA)
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that embraces the diversity of our people and represents the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems. We strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, projected veteran status, or any other protected group or class.
DILBERT © 2018 Scott Adams. Used By permission of ANDREWS MCMEEL SYNDICATION. All rights reserved.