Open-source software and systems have been a core focus at Object Computing Inc (OCI) since its founding in 1993. As we continue in our OSS tradition, we are searching for talented engineers to join our product teams.
As a member of the Groovy, Grails, and Micronaut Team (2GM) at OCI, you’ll work alongside leading industry engineers and an active OSS community to build and support open-source software products that are used by developers around the globe to create performant software solutions. Working on 2GM products at OCI, you will have the opportunity to contribute to software at the cutting edge of modern application development on the JVM. Additionally, our team members are regularly invited to present at technical conferences or user groups and author technical articles.
Who is Object Computing?
OCI offers team members a supportive, creative, and collaborative environment where they are encouraged to enhance their skills and employ best practices. We embrace continuous learning and professional development, and foster a community that welcomes change and growth. We proudly build transformative technology solutions by leveraging open source software and strategic partnerships with organizations such as Amazon and Google. In partnership with our clients, we help them reimagine the impact and value they can achieve using smart, connective technologies. OCI has expertise in constructing solutions in a variety of industries, including aerospace, energy, retail, transportation, and agriculture. We deliver software solutions that accelerate innovation within our clients’ organizations and that stand up to the evolving demands of their business. Our full lifecycle software engineering solutions span multiple technology domains from real-time and embedded, to large-scale integrated and distributed systems, to modern web and cloud-enabled applications.
What You Will Do
- Development of new software features
- Debugging and correction of issues in existing software
- Development of automated tests to validate new and existing software behavior
- Technical documentation of software features and APIs including user guides and feature guides
- Triage and review of issues and pull requests
- Interaction with 2GM OSS community members including feedback on submitted issues and pull requests and researching and responding to questions
- Support for OCI engineers that are using 2GM products as a part of an internal or external software application
- Support and assistance with OCI client engagements as requested
- Representation of 2GM team and practices as a technical expert to internal OCI practices, teams, and products
- Representation of OCI as a technical expert on one or more 2GM OSS products
What You Will Bring
- The ideal candidate is able to work on complicated technical tasks that require a high competency with Java and the Java Virtual Machine with a focus on performance.
- Knowledge of common design patterns, thread pools, and reactive programming are beneficial.
- An understanding of one or more additional JVM languages (e.g. Groovy, Kotlin) and expertise with Grails or Micronaut is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience leading or contributing to open-source software projects is preferred, but not required.