Moodle with us!
We’re the world’s most popular learning platform and we’re on a mission to empower educators to improve our world.
We are a fast growing team that is searching for a Developer to join our Educational Solutions team who enjoys learning, having fun and can help us advance our mission!
What your new team and job look like
The Educational Solutions team is dedicated to creating LMS solutions suited for educational institutions, focused on the needs of educators & their students.
At Moodle no 2 days will ever be the same, but most days in this role usually involve a mix of:
- Writing and reviewing code (predominantly PHP and JS) to improve the Moodle LMS product
- Implementing both front and backend for major new features based on UX prototypes
- Collaborating with your team members, other teams and the Moodle community
- Contributing to building a component library for the Moodle platform that will be used by developers worldwide as the source of truth for their Moodle UI developments
- …and having a laugh with your team…
This role can be based anywhere in the Asia-Pacific region! In Australia as a permanent employee, or anywhere else in APAC as a contractor. Just let us know where you are when you apply.
What life at Moodle is like…
Moodle has a globally diverse team with over 180 team members in more than 20 countries around the world. We’ve built a passionate team of hard-working, driven and diverse people from all over the world, united by a shared belief in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference to our world. We respect our colleagues and value an open and innovative workplace, filled with integrity and of course a strong focus on education (yes, these are our company values!
We’d love to meet you…
Especially if you can talk to us about your:
- Excellent knowledge of PHP
- Bonus if you also have high level Software Engineer experience working with:
- Developing performant and accessible user interfaces
- Open source projects
- Writing unit tests and behat tests
- Experience working in a large-scale development environment
- Ability to organise your own workload in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Fluency in English
What else, you say?
- Our team can work from anywhere, with a flexible working environment that promotes true work life balance
- We believe in motivating performance rather than micromanaging it, allowing you to feel empowered to do what you do best
- Gaining new skills by learning from highly skilled peers, along with your own learning and development allowance each year to support your growth
- Work with a global team on a worldwide platform and make a real difference
- As a certified B Corp, we are proud to be part of a global community of mission-driven companies dedicated to using business as a force for good
- Other excellent benefits, like an extra 7 days paid leave to extend your weekends, recharge and enjoy a day off for your birthday!, ‘choose your own’ benefit options, flexible public holidays, and many more!
Learn more about your new workplace…
Moodle is the world’s most trusted online learning solution, with a growing ecosystem of products and services, including Moodle Workplace, Moodle App, MoodleCloud, and more. The engine of our ecosystem is Moodle LMS, the secure and customisable open source learning management platform used by well over 300 million learners worldwide.
Find out more about us on our website.
Does all this sound good? If yes…
- Click on the following link to apply
- Add your resume and anything else you’d like to add… in English, please
- Press send.
At Moodle we are an equal opportunity employer that actively supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We’re committed to fair recruitment and selection practices, ensuring we are drawing from a diverse range of sources to attract and select the very best person for the job. Learn more in our Diversity & Inclusion Charter.