ABOUT THE GEEKS & CULTURE
We are a growing, international indie team that is creating the high-quality, innovative, digital Trading Card Game Synergy of Serra. We believe in the idea that everything in the future is gamified and we start shaping this future today.
Next to that, we believe in our values which are the foundation of all beliefs, practices and behaviors that are shared and lived by the entire team. That’s why we place special emphasis on enriching our team with more geeks who share the following values with us:
- Gamers at heart: We strive to create a world where nobody calls games a waste of time.
- Passion: We live our passion, create art and shape our childhood dreams together.
- Freedom: Work to your own style, not being bound to location or time, to be the best version of yourself.
- Ownership: Own and lead your responsibilities by taking action and making decisions.
- Growing together: We support each other to express ourselves and make a difference in the world.
- Challenging the status quo: We make disruptive games – never seen before – with creativity and art at their core.
ABOUT THE PROJECT, VISION & MISSION
Synergy of Serra is a digital Trading Card Game utilizing Blockchain technology for the benefit of its players. As for our vision, we want to unleash the potential of gamers. Our Mission is to create fair and trustless, disruptive games empowering gamers to challenge the status quo.
- 💯% remote working and flexible working hours
- 💻 Personal hardware and operating system of your choice
- 🌎 2+ onsite team events per year, somewhere on our beautiful planet
- 🎮 Regular hangouts, where we play games together
- 🤓 Personal development is a core element of our culture: 10-15% of the working time is dedicated to self development (we also have a book club)
- 🎯 An in-house bonus program where everyone is rewarded through the value that we create together
- 💡 No one is defined by a fixed role, instead all geeks shape their own role by bringing in their native genius
Take a moment to answer yourself the following questions: As a geek,
- are you passionate about efficient and maintainable code?
- do you like working in a team to produce performant and scalable services?
- are xou empathetic to your peers’ needs and like to create the best development experience for them?
Your answers are definitely “YES”? Perfect, then let’s continue with your quest!
- Empowering the team by providing them with all the tools and the tech environment they need to create the user-centered projects in record breaking time.
- Developing and maintaining internal tools, and supplying everyone with the software and hardware environment they crave.
- Advanced knowledge of Infrastructure as Code, e.g. with docker, ansible
- Advanced knowledge of GNU/Linux system administration
- Advanced knowledge in IT administration, hardware & software
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering and OOP
Nice to haves:
- Advanced knowledge of CI/CD pipelines is beneficial
OUR SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Operating and monitoring cloud and containerized services, ideally AWS, Linux Commandline
- Automate recurrent tasks through scripting using DevOps best practices and CI/CD pipelines
Fluent in English
- Communicate in a way that other geeks (with different backgrounds) understand the reasoning behind your actions and decisions
- Think and act as team-player by always putting the achievement of the common goal in the foreground
- Strong ability for prioritisation and implementation of efficient energy and time management
Nice to haves:
- Development with react, vue.js, angular or similar framework
YOUR OTHER SUPERPOWERS
- Passion for new technologies and games 💛
- Team player & “beyond the box” thinker
- Fully committed to all your activities and projects
- Enjoy learning and growing every day 🌱
Apply now, so we can play together! 🤹
(*) We welcome all applications without regard to gender, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or whatsoever.