Nanoramic Laboratories is an innovative, high-tech start-up company tasked with making state-of-the-art advancements in the Energy Storage Sectors. As an organization, we place an emphasis on maintaining a strong company culture that promotes employee engagement, wellness, and personal and professional development. We have a system of values designed to instill trust in employees and empower all team members to share ideas and opinions. By giving our employees the power to introduce new concepts, we enable our major projects to be built from the ground up, rather than from the top down.
At Nanoramic, continuous learning and education will be an important part of your job. We invest in regular education days and build out customized development roadmaps for every employee. This allows employees to freely collaborate with their managers to build out a custom map tailored to their individual interests. We are a company of smart, talented individuals who work hard, but also understand and respect work/life balance. As part of this mentality we share a common belief that family comes first. Benefits such as flexible scheduling and a company-wide holiday from December 24 to January 1 ensure our employees can put their best foot forward in their personal lives, as well as their professional lives.
If you are self-motivated, eager to learn new things, and excited by a good challenge, you will fit into the Nanoramic Team. For more information about our company culture, visit workatnanoramic.com!
We are looking for highly capable machine learning engineers to develop optimization tools for our manufacturing processes applied to Li-Ion battery cells manufacturing and testing.
You will be evaluating machine learning (ML) processes, performing statistical analysis to resolve data set problems, and enhancing the accuracy of our AI software’s predictive automation capabilities with the objective to optimize formulations for energy storage and thermal management materials manufacturing processes.
To ensure success as a machine learning engineer, you should demonstrate solid data science knowledge and experience in a related ML role. A first-class machine learning engineer will be someone whose expertise translates into the enhanced performance of predictive automation software.
Strongly valued but not mandatory would be previous exposure and/or experience in applying machine learning to energy storage devices design.
Machine Learning Engineer Responsibilities:
- Designing machine learning systems and self-running artificial intelligence (AI) software to automate predictive models.
- Transforming data science prototypes and applying appropriate ML algorithms and tools.
- Ensuring that algorithms generate accurate user recommendations.
- Solving complex problems with multi-layered data sets, as well as optimizing existing machine learning libraries and frameworks.
- Developing ML algorithms to analyze historical data to make predictions.
- Running tests, performing statistical analysis, and interpreting test results.
- Documenting machine learning processes.
- Keeping abreast of developments in machine learning.
Machine Learning Engineer Requirements:
- Phd or Master’s degree in computational linguistics, data analytics, or similar will be advantageous. Alternatively you have advance knowledge in Li-Ion battery materials and technologies and have passion and experience to apply artificial intelligence to energy storage design.
- At least two years’ experience as a machine learning engineer.
- Advanced proficiency with Python, Java, and R code writing.
- Extensive knowledge of ML frameworks, libraries, data structures, data modeling, and software architecture.
- In-depth knowledge of mathematics, statistics, and algorithms.
- Superb analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational abilities.
We offer a competitive compensation package that is based off candidate experience in combination with a thorough market data analysis. If you have the legal right to work in the US, we include in our employment offer a range of benefits including 401k company match, BCBS health insurance, HSA or FSA benefits, vision insurance, dental insurance, disability and life insurance, and 15 vacation/sick days throughout the year. In addition to regular PTO, our entire organization takes 11 national holidays and a company holiday period from December 24th to January 1st each year.
If you have the right to work in the European Union, we have a wholly owned subsidiary in Germany that can make a competitive employment offer.
If you are in none of these places, we can find a way to employ you depending on the country.
Nanoramic in the US is currently requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated unless there are religious or medical accommodations that are agreed upon. Please note any new hires will be asked if they are vaccinated, and/or mandated to become vaccinated prior to being offered a position. The company is happy to consider accommodation requests for new hires, as needed.
Nanoramic is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.