Patona works with top enterprises and digital native businesses in Australia, helping them build remote teams in India and Sri Lanka. Working with well-known market-leading brands, we pride ourselves on hiring great teams to work on exciting game-changing technology. Patona currently has 200+ engineers, testers, product managers, etc, working across 20+ partners. We focus on uplifting how organisations build and manage their remote teams through excellent working relationships, trust, integrity, culture, and hiring processes.
About the organisation you will work for.
You will be working for a company that is changing the way people search for and find the best prices for products online. Their goal is to replace google’s search and google shopping as the place people currently go to do this. The founders and investors have built companies cumulatively worth billions of dollars and have significant capital backing.
To help our client achieve their ambitious goals, we are looking for a talented Tech Lead. Your primary focus will be developing API and Event-driven services using well-known Python frameworks and other backend technologies. You will be prepared to take ownership of the overall solution you are delivering, including architecture, and work with the engineering manager and the CTO to ensure timelines are met and the overall solution is robust and easy to maintain.
You will coordinate and collaborate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the solution. Therefore, a commitment to collaboration, communication, problem-solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important. You will work in a disruptive digital native business.
What you’ll do…
- Technically lead the solutions you’re working on, including the architecture (with CTO) and working with the product manager/key stakeholders to ensure delivery.
- Taking ownership and accountability is a must for the projects you’re responsible for.
- Work directly with design/product teams to design solutions.
- Own the research for the upcoming projects and responsible for the creation of technical specifications.
- Design REST and GraphQL APIs
- Develop efficient, scalable, and robust Python code.
- Review and recommend improvements to solutions and code.
- Review code of other developers and coach them on best practice coding standards.
- Ongoing performance monitoring and optimisation of systems owned.
- Participate in Sprints to develop increments of work, including estimation of effort for stories.
What you must bring…
- Disciplined self-starter, capable of working independently and in close collaboration in a remote environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate issues to technical and non-technical audiences and clearly document developed solutions.
- At least 5 years of experience in creating API and Event-driven services for high-traffic / high-throughput systems.
- At least 2 years of experience in designing and developing APIs with Python.
- At least 2 years of experience with data modelling and optimisation for a relational database (MySQL or Postgres).
- Experienced in building a commercial (live) solution that serves at least 1 million users/month.
- Experienced in applying software design patterns, TDD/BDD and SOLID principles.
What’s great to have…
- Working in a startup / scale-up environment.
- Working in an agile development team.
- Building services for a SaaS or eCommerce platform.
- Implementing CI and CD pipelines.
- Running services on AWS Lambda / ECS / EKS.
What’s good to have…
- GraphQL API design and development.
- CI and CD implementation with Github Actions.
- Understanding of Micro Services Architecture.
- Private Health for you and your family.
- Work remotely or in any of our offices across India (WeWork offices).