You’re a software engineer with a passion for working in a variety of tech stacks. You have a strong desire to interact with people and make their lives easier with technology. You’re a self-starter who’s good at triaging problems and prioritizing issues. You’d love the opportunity to work with an engineering team that includes data scientists, algorithm experts, and front-end engineers to expand your knowledge.
About the Position
- Implementing and testing new features in our user interfaces and REST clients
- Creating interactive dashboards and alerts to monitor customer integrations
- Interacting with clients to help answer technical questions about our services
- Validating customer data and the quality of results returned by our services
- Providing support to customers and triaging issues
- Coordinating with other teams to prioritize customer needs
Constructor.io powers product search and discovery for some of the largest retailers in the world, like Sephora and Backcountry. We serve billions of requests every year, and you’ve probably seen our results somewhere and used our product without knowing it. We differentiate ourselves by focusing on reinventing search and discovery from the ground up with the specific goal of improving key customer metrics. We have grown several hundred percent year over year for the last 2 years and have customers in every eCommerce vertical – around the world, and spanning many languages.
We’re a passionate team of technologists who love solving problems and want to make our customers’ and coworkers’ lives better. We value empathy, openness, curiosity, continuous improvement, and are excited by metrics that matter. We believe that empowering everyone in a company to do what they think is best can lead to great things.
- A minimum of two years professional and / or academic experience in software engineering
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with front end optimization techniques, DOM manipulation / traversing, and using browser debugging tools
- Experience with popular modern front-end frameworks like React / Redux and jQuery
- Experience with CSS and an eye for user experience
- Nice to have: experience with Python, Java, Swift (iOS) or Kotlin (Android)
- Able to pick up new technologies and design patterns quickly and love learning them
- Enjoys interacting with customers and solving new problems daily as well as working closely with internal teams
- Located in or between GMT-10 (Hawaii) and GMT+2 (Central European) timezones
- Unlimited vacation time -we strongly encourage all of our employees take at least 3 weeks per year
- A competitive compensation package including stock options
- Company sponsored US health coverage (100% paid for employee)
- Fully remote team – choose where you live
- Work from home stipend! We want you to have the resources you need to set up your home office
- Apple laptops provided for new employees
- Training and development budget for every employee, refreshed each year
- Maternity & Paternity leave for qualified employees
- Work with smart people who will help you grow and make a meaningful impact
This position is fully remote – Constructor.io is a remote first company.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Constructor
At Constructor.io we are committed to cultivating a work environment that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome individuals of all backgrounds and provide equal opportunities to all applicants regardless of their education, diversity of opinion, race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or affiliation in any other protected group.