ABOUT THE COMPANY
Bonfire is transforming the way people buy and sell high-quality custom apparel. We are a free online platform where anyone can design, sell, and buy custom products. We’ve helped thousands of individuals, groups, and nonprofits raise money for the causes they care about, and also serve the world’s top creators as their premiere custom merch platform. We’re a passionate, creative, and data-driven team constantly pursuing our vision: to strengthen communities that inspire a kinder world. We bring this vision to life by hiring passionate, smart people who celebrate and respect others, are committed to a life of curiosity, are never satisfied with ‘good enough’, are eager to co-create the future, and who thrive through teamwork. Have we been looking for you?
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Information Technology team is searching for their future IT Specialist. A tech-savy, curious, hardworking, and fast thinking individual that loves working with different IT platforms.
Our future IT Specialist will be responsible for the implementation, monitoring, and maintenance of IT vendors and systems. The IT specialist is also responsible for security and information assurance, IT audits, and spearheading various IT projects that support Bonfire team members around the world (i.e. setting up a new VPN, training internal staff on how to use it, etc).
This role lies within our IT department and reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
All Bonfire employees are expected to embrace the Mission and Values, we live together and apart:
Humble Ingenuity, Trusting Partnerships, Inclusive Cooperation, Moral Courage, Healthy Dissatisfaction
Bonfire is currently supporting a virtual work environment; however, this is a contract position and is only open to candidates residing in European & South American time zones.
include but are not limited to:
- Write IT department OKRs and establish Metrics (i.e. health of systems, 2FA compliance)
- Manage and centralize our 3rd party vendors, possibly with use of Cledara or similar software
- Own SOC2 compliance initiative, help new team members get compliant within first two weeks
- Responsible for reviewing our GDPR/CCPA compliance
- Own and improve GDrive best practices (i.e. shared-drives; or automated backups, etc)
- Audit our security quarterly (enforcing 2FA wherever possible, run annual pen-testing)
- Assist with automation software if/when applicable (i.e. Zapier or browser automation, etc)
- High School Graduate
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Flexibility with work hours (to assist team members in US)
- 2+ years of experience
- Consistent access to a reasonably distraction free home work space, with reliable access to high-speed internet and use of a smart phone/mobile device.
- Technologically savvy, with strong computer skills and the ability to embrace and adapt to changes to technology that is critical to how we work.
- Good working knowledge of the primary Google business, productivity and collaboration tools/software.
WHY WORK AT BONFIRE?
When team members all around the world were asked to find three words they’d use to describe Bonfire, the most commonly shared values were: kind, inclusive, charitable, supportive, collaborative, and passionate. Work here and help us guide people toward their full potential and possibility in support of a company that’s trying to infuse the world with more of those values.
In addition to leading purposeful work, you will also benefit from our team member offerings:
- Competitive compensation
- Remote work environment (We are a fully distributed team!)
- Flexible scheduling
- Year-round swag giveaways
- A positive culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to help create a kinder planet
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you.