Anderson Optimization (AO) creates software for the renewable energy industry. AO works with top solar, wind, and battery developers across the US and abroad to efficiently bring more renewable energy onto the power grid.
What you’ll do…
You will help deliver GIS based tools and analysis to our internal and external facing users. This role will primarily focus on data analysis tooling to enhance our internally generated datasets from machine learning. Our team uses an agile kanban development approach and is a fully remote team.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a professional GIS Developer
- Knowledge of a variety of geospatial data types and their pros/cons (shapefiles, kmz, geotiff, etc.)
- Knowledge of coordinate systems and ability to choose one for a given task
- Experience working with geospatial data (displaying, ETL, analyzing, etc.)
- Python scripting for GIS tasks, either open source stack (gdal/ogr, rasterio/geopandas) or ESRI (arcpy)
- Understanding of relational databases, specifically Postgres+PostGIS
- Experience working with geospatial webservers (MapServer, GeoServer, etc.)
- Experience with webmapping frameworks (leaflet, OpenLayers, etc.)
- Experience with a remote development team
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- $90K – $110K
- Salary range is based on years of experience, experience in industry, and relevant skill set.
- 401(K) + 4% Match
- Health insurance reimbursement
- No vacation limit, minimum 3 weeks
- Half day summer Fridays
- Work from anywhere / 100% remote (office available in Boulder, CO if you prefer working onsite).