Grayshift is seeking an innovative and experienced Engineering Manager to lead and grow the User Platform team of Software Engineers responsible for user interfaces and SaaS infrastructure. We are seeking an accomplished Engineering Manager with a proven history of leading and growing exceptional teams, great at navigating complex issues with an analytical mind.
If you are someone who has experience working with a growing team and across departments, thrives in a dynamic environment, and loves to work on cutting edge technology, you will excel here! This role entails day-to-day management of a best-in-class engineering team that is dedicated to developing trailblazing solutions in support of our customer’s evolving requirements.
Our headquarters is based in Atlanta with a remote friendly work environment.
- Provide technical direction for the design, implementation, and deployment of Grayshift user interfaces and cloud platforms;
- Work with product managers and partner with various business stakeholders to develop solutions for departmental roadmaps;
- Collaborate with architects and engineers to explore, develop, and recommend options for technical solution;
- Develop team members through frequent coaching, supporting individuals career growth, and conducting performance reviews;
- Plan budgeting needs for professional development and tools;
- Schedule and deliver software features on a regular cadence with focus on quality and predictability;
- Guide continuous improvement for the release management processes including planning, assessing status, mitigating risks, reviews, and demos;
- Establish continuous process improvement practices through tools such as performance metrics, Knowledge Management, and Root-Cause-Analysis;
- Communicate with executives to update project status and plan strategic objectives;
- Ensure appropriate controls and documentation are followed to meet security, compliance and privacy requirements across all systems;
- Provide business continuity and disaster planning for business-critical systems, including working with infrastructure and business teams to produce and sustain practical solutions;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of management experience leading a team of Software Engineers;
- 2+ years of experience with the following technologies: React, TypeScript, GraphQL, and Node.js;
- Demonstrable experience developing and maintaining SaaS applications in AWS;
- ~5% required travel to Atlanta, GA.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in digital forensics or cyber security;
- Experience with software licensing and entitlements;
- Experience with embedded systems web development;
- Experience with Nginx and PostgreSQL;
- AWS certifications.
Compensation and Perks:
- Compensation includes base salary and bonus;
- Our benefit package includes include remote friendly work environment, 100% paid healthcare premiums for you and family/domestic partner on first-day, 100% dental, 100% vision, life insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, basic life insurance, training and continuous learning, paid parental leave, other voluntary benefit plans, 401k, and $350 monthly stipend towards mobile, internet, and gym membership.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) includes 15 days plus 3 separate sick days, two wellness days, and 13 paid holidays.
Grayshift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All offers of employment at Grayshift are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check. All background checks will be conducted in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and other applicable laws. Grayshift will consider each position’s job duties, among other factors, in determining what constitutes satisfactory completion of the background check. Refusal to consent to a background check may be ground for revoking an offer of employment.
Grayshift is a leading provider of mobile device digital forensics. Grayshift solutions are purpose-built to help law enforcement and government investigative agencies swiftly resolve critical investigations and ensure public safety. The company’s innovative GrayKey technology provides rapid access, complete control, and comprehensive data extraction from mobile devices. Designed and assembled in the United States, GrayKey is trusted by 1000 agencies across more than 25 countries globally.
At Grayshift, we are a team of passionate thinkers who value creating digital forensic solutions that enable law enforcement agencies to swiftly resolve critical investigations and ensure public safety. Our team is empowered and collaborative and we move at the speed of ap. We are constantly taking new learnings and building them into our products and services.
As a Grayshifter, you can expect to make a difference through your work, connected to a meaningful mission, to be supported with learning and development, and to know that people are the heart of our company. We understand achieving a mission as important as ours requires teamwork, integrity, and incredible talent. If joining a team of people dedicated to addressing our customers’ most complex challenges appeals to you, come join us!