The mission at Satoshi Energy is to accelerate progress toward a world with decentralized sound money and abundant sustainable energy. The company was founded in 2018 based on the idea that 24/7 power markets will benefit from 24/7 financial settlement and that the most sustainable and successful bitcoin mining will be powered by low cost renewable energy. Today, we are connecting renewable energy assets with bitcoin mining data centers under novel contract structures. In the future, we envision every kilowatt-hour streamed to an energy consumer will be settled instantaneously with a payment streamed to the energy producer.
As a Bitcoin Software Engineer, you will join a small, focused team of bitcoiners, engineers, and energy experts and have the opportunity to find novel solutions to technical challenges in the bitcoin and energy space. You will work across the organization and assist us with research, design, development, and deployment of cutting-edge solutions. As we grow, you will be instrumental in helping to build the team and build a more decentralized and sustainable future.
Your Day to Day
- Work alongside product managers and fellow engineers.
- Architect and build real-time financial settlement applications for the energy industry.
- Write specifications for energy related Bitcoin and layer 2 (i.e. Lightning Network) protocols.
- Collaborate and communicate with sales, development, and operations teams to understand the needs of our customers.
- Mentor and train other team members on Bitcoin and layer 2 (i.e. Lightning Network) related best practices.
- Minimum 7 years experience programming, preferably in the energy or fintech industry.
- Expert understanding of the Bitcoin and layer 2 (i.e. Lightning Network) protocols.
- Experience setting up and maintaining cloud infrastructure for critical systems
- Experience building high-quality, innovative, and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design.
- Strong focus on collaboration, ownership, and test-driven development.
- Self-motivator with the flexibility and willingness to work on various initiatives simultaneously.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Obsession with bitcoin, bitcoin mining, and energy markets.
- Desire to build a future with sustainable energy and sound money.
- Experience successfully managing software development teams and projects.
- Knowledge of security best practices, cryptography, and ongoing developments in the industry.
- We are free thinkers, we believe in meritocracy, we challenge assumptions meticulously, and we don’t get overly emotional if we’re wrong.
- We believe in providing freedom and responsibility to foster a growth culture based on trust, transparency, and teamwork.
- We encourage each other to seek discipline, balance, and fun in all parts of life, so that we can always perform at our best on the job.
- We are a distributed team on a mission to build decentralized global power markets. You are welcome to work remote or join the team in Austin or Houston, Texas.
- Bonus plan, 401k, and equity participation.
- Medical, Dental and Vision.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Company gatherings in fun places – the best of being fully remote while still coming together regularly!