Current™ (formerly GE Current, a Daintree Company) has unveiled a new brand identity following the historic acquisition of Hubbell’s Commercial & Industrial (C&I) Lighting business. The enterprise brand unites the companies under a single identity with one purpose: To deliver the innovation customers require, with solutions that create inspiring, efficient and safe environments. Current products dramatically improve lighting quality, reduce energy demand to support cleaner air, and have become synonymous with reimagined physical spaces. The history of the company demonstrates decades of trusted quality and reliability. Current’s portfolio includes 35 industry-leading product brands each offer a unique value proposition. Primary office locations are Cleveland, OH and Greenville, SC, with centers of expertise locations in Austin, TX, Rolling Meadows, IL and Quebec, Canada. Manufacturing operations reside in Hendersonville, NC, Pittsburgh, PA, Plympton, MA, Christiansburg, VA, Acuna, MX and Tijuana, MX.
Current is seeking a Front End Web Developer to join our progressive and dynamic fast-paced enterprise software team. These are exciting times – our industry and user expectations are changing and so are we! We are developing the next generation of world class Internet of Things (IoT) connected lighting controls and building management system. This is a hands-on development role that will directly contribute to the development and expansion of our cutting-edge cloud connected IoT applications and offerings with the latest software technologies and tools. You will be part of our fast-growing innovative technology design center located in Cleveland.
We are looking for a talented and creative problem solver. You will be involved in the complete software development life cycle, seeing your work evolve from epics and user stories into a finished IoT SaaS product and service in a hybrid agile environment. This will require a high degree of collaboration between highly talented, cross-functional, and geographically dispersed development teams. You will work closely with industry-best product owners, UX designers and other development team members to understand the business needs, propose and develop end-to-end solutions.
- Develop IoT solutions using secured Restful APIs, Pub/Sub model
- Implement highly scalable, fault-tolerant applications using serverless, microservice and event-driven architecture
- Model and implement solutions using relational (preferably Postgres, Oracle, MySQL) and No-SQL (Cassandra, DynamoDB, HBase) databases
- Work with UX designers to develop user centric and reliable software products and services
- Use CI/CD automation process to build and deploy applications on Cloud platforms such as AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Participate in the definition of system functional requirements
- Research, assess and adapt to new technologies necessary for future enhancements of products
- Protect intellectual property through patent disclosures and applications
The position has a compensation package inclusive of base, bonus (if eligible), benefits, 401k contribution, time off, recognition awards and more. This salary range is 95,000-140,000.
Benefits and Perks
All around competitive culture where together we strive to:
- Approach each day with a tenacious curiosity
- Communicate openly and honestly- internally and externally
- Work hard, take risks, fail fast…learn and move on
- Embrace diversity and welcome opposing thoughts
- Empower and develop each other
- We have an open and inclusive culture where you’ll learn and grow through programs and resources like:
- Quarterly company all employee meetings
- Management and Leadership development
- Initiatives and special projects with executive leadership exposure
- Access to top-notch learning courses through LinkedIn Learning
- Regular manager check-ins to drive performance and career growth
Our more standard benefits
- Full-time exempt roles have a Permissive Time Off Policy, giving you flexibility to rest, relax and recharge away from work
- Paid Company Holidays
- A comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, life, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement program with a fully vested immediate company match
- Flexible Spending Account options for pre-tax employee allocations
Current is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. At Current, we are Always On and working to improve lives with the industry’s most expansive portfolio of sustainable advanced lighting and intelligent controls that reliably meet our customers’ needs. Learn more at CurrentLighting.com